What is Building Survey?
A building survey involves a detailed examination of all accessible parts of a property and can be tailor-made to suit your individual needs and concerns. A building survey includes the following:
- all major and minor faults;
- The implications of any defects and possible cost of repairs;
- Results of testing walls for dampness and timbers for damage including woodworm or rot;
- comments on the existence and condition of damp-proofing, insulation and drainage (although the latter will not be tested);
- Extensive technical information on the construction of the property and details about material used in construction;
- information on the location;
- recommendations for any further specialist inspections.